Thursday 10 March 2011

Finally finished

Well I've finally got round to making my mother in laws christmas present!! Only 2 and a bit months late. She had requested some earrings for going out in the only specification was for them to be black. This week I decided I had procrastinated enough, I sketch out some rough ideas and ordered the required beads. As usual, for me, when the beads arrived they weren't quite what I'd imagined but with an array of beads in front of me I set about experimenting. In the end this is what I created, made from swarovski crystals I have hung them on sterling silver leverback ear wires which I think gives them quite a 1920s feel. I'm thinking Downton Abbey.

5 comments:

  1. Not a lover of 'bling' but these are very tasteful. I actually love the fact that you've gone with angles rather than rounded surfaces. You could do a whole range in different colours. I'm very impressed with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kat, I had thought I might do a slightly bigger one as a pendant. And I think I may make myself a set in emerald green to match my engagement ring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the earrings!

    Btw, you may want to go check out this post at my blog :) http://trinket-box.blogspot.com/2011/03/giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhooi,,
    It's very pretty and nice,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete